HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer setup starts with taking out the printer from the pack. After that, follow the below procedure and perform the OJ Pro 8740 first time printer setup:
- Initially, take out the parcel tapes from the printer.
- Then, remove the tapes from the scanner glass by lifting the scanner lid.
- After that, connect the rear of the printer to the electrical outlet using a power cord.
- Next, power up the HP Printer and load the papers into it.
- After that, get the cartridges from the pack and install it into its slots.
- Now, power up your computer. Then, download the suitable driver for your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer.
- Next, install the driver as per the procedure on the wizard.
- Then, complete the first time printer setup process with the instructions on the wizard.
- Lastly, try printing a file to ensure the proper printer setup.
Officejet Pro 8740 Driver install
- Initially, turn on your desktop and HP OJ Pro 8740 printer.
- Then, check the connections of your printer and device.
- Next, take the driver installation CD from the package.
- After that, insert the CD into the device and run it.
- Now, a wizard pops to proceed with the process.
- Proceed with it until the wizard asks to select the connection method.
- When the wizard asks, choose either wireless or USB connectivity mode.
- Next, finish installing the driver with the installation steps on the 123.hp.com/setup 8740 wizard.
- At last, take a print as a sample to confirm that driver installation is successful.
Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless setup
- Initially, power up your mac/windows device.
- Next, confirm that you have a secure wireless network.
- Then, connect your printer with the power supply and switch on it.
- Next, touch the printer panel. Then, choose “setup”.
- After that, access the wireless settings and choose the wireless setup.
- Then, the HP OJ Pro Printer searches the Wi-Fi networks automatically.
- Now, the screen appears with multiple Wi-Fi networks. Here, choose your office network and type the passcode.
- Then, continue with the on-screen procedure.
- Next, finish the wireless setup using the steps on the wizard.
- Finally, to check the Wi-Fi connection, try printing a test file.