HP Officejet 5742 Setup
HP Officejet 5742 first-time printer setup involves unboxing the printer, downloading drivers, and more. The instructions to set up Officejet 5742 for the first time are as follows:
- Firstly, take out the HP OJ 5742 printer from the package.
- After that, connect HP OJ 5742 with the direct power supply.
- Next, switch on the OJ 5742 printer and open the cartridge access door.
- Then, take the printer cartridges and insert them into the right slots.
- Now, close the HP OJ 5742 cartridge door. Then, get a suitable driver for the Officejet 5742 printer and your computer.
- After that, download it on your device. Then, initiate the installation of OJ 5742 drivers.
- Next, proceed with the instructions on the screen and finish the driver installation for 123.hp.com/setup 5742.
- Then, load the paper trays with suitable papers and align them according to the guides.
- Finally, take a print to verify the HP 5742 setup.
Officejet 5742 Driver install
For HP Officejet 5742 driver installation, you need the compatible printer drivers. Here is the instruction set to install HP Officejet 5742 drivers on the device:
- Firstly, connect your HP OJ5742 and the computer to the power supply.
- Then, download the HP OJ 5742 suitable drivers and software.
- After that, click the driver file to initiate the driver installation.
- Now, proceed with the driver installation process as per the steps.
- Next, choose the USB or Wifi to connect the devices.
- Then, use the wizard steps and finish the driver installation for HP 5742.
- Lastly, to ensure a successful driver installation, print with the HP Officejet 5742 printer.
- HP recommends the USB mode of connection for the first time driver installation as it provides a stable connection.
Tip: You may also use the HP OJ5742 driver installation CD for the basic set of drivers.
Officejet 5742 Wireless setup
Connect the OJ 5742 and your workspace computer wirelessly. Here is the setup procedure to connect the devices with a wireless network:
- To begin with, check if the computer is on and is in the same wireless network.
- Then, make sure that the wireless network of your office is stable.
- Next, move on to HP 5742 printer and access its control panel.
- Then, choose the settings menu and then select “wireless settings”.
- Now, your OJ 5742 printer starts searching for the Wi-Fi networks.
- Next, select the workspace Wi-Fi network from the network list and enter the password.
- After that, complete the Officejet 5742 wireless setup with the wizard steps.
- Now, your workspace device is in connection with OJ 5742 printer wirelessly.
- Finally, to ensure OJ 5742 wireless setup, print a sample file.
- You may install the HP Smart app by clicking the above download button.
- The HP Smart app enables wireless connection with the computer.