- Firstly, connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Then, connect another end of the power cord to the power outlet.
- After that, turn on Officejet 5740 printer.
- Next, access printer control panel and set your preferences.
- After that, take out the cartridges and remove the tape from it carefully.
- Next, install them into their respective slots.
- Then, download the Officejet 5470 printer drivers and install them into your device.
- After that, complete the HP Officejet 5740 setup using the steps on the installation wizard for 123.hp.com/setup 5740.
- Here, the wizard may prompt the connectivity mode. We suggest the USB connection between the devices.
- Next, load a bunch of papers into the paper tray and try printing a document.
Officejet 5740 Driver install
Now, install Officejet 5740 drivers from the installation CD that you get with the printer package. The instructions to install HP 5740 drivers using the OJ5740 driver CD are:
- To begin with, power up your windows/mac computer.
- After that, take out the CD from the pack and insert it into the computer drive.
- Now, automatically, the CD begins HP 5740 printer driver installation process.
- Then, continue the installation with the instructions on the computer monitor.
- After that, complete the installation of OJ 5740 printer drivers as in 123.hp.com/setup 5740.
- Next, pull out the OJ 5740 printer input tray and feed it with papers.
- Finally, print with HP 5740 printer to check the driver installation.
Note: The OJ5740 driver installation CD installs the basic driver file. With the basic version, you may not be able to enjoy all the OJ 5740 printer features. Thus, update to the recent version of HP OJ5740 drivers by clicking the download button.
Officejet 5740 Wireless setup
Establish a stable wireless connection between Officejet 5740 and your device. The step-by-step instructions to set up a wireless connection are:
- Firstly, make sure that you have a stable Wireless network.
- After that, take a power cable and connect its one end to the printer.
- Then, connect the other end with a power outlet.
- Next, power up Officejet 5740 printer.
- After that, move on to HP 5740 printer panel and access its wireless settings.
- Then, the names of nearby W-Fi networks appear on the printer screen.
- Now, connect your wireless network by choosing the name.
- After that, continue with the 5740 wireless setup. Then, enter the password when the wizard asks.
- Next, complete the HP 5740 wireless setup with the wizard steps.
- Finally, place the papers and try to print a sample file.
- In case your OJ5740 printer panel does not list your printer name, type it manually to connect the devices.