HP Deskjet 2620 Setup
Once the printer arrives at your place, follow the below steps to finish the first time setup.
- To begin with, remove all the existing packing material from the box.
- Then, hold the printer handles to lift the printer.
- Now, place it on the selected surface and clear the extra materials on the control panel.
- Then, remove the wrapper inside the carriage and the paper tray.
- Now, move to the rear of the HP Deskjet 2620 printer and locate the power port.
- Then, plug the cord and hold the other end to connect to the power outlet.
- Turn on the HP Deskjet 2620 printer and proceed with the hardware setup.
- As HP Deskjet 2620 does not have a touch panel, you can change the settings during the driver installation.
Cartridge and paper installation:
- Next, please move to the carriage area and open its door.
- Then, hold the sides of the cartridge to push them in.
- Now, install the paper stack into the paper input tray.
Deskjet 2620 Driver install
- Initially, set up the printer and connect the CD using the optical tray.
- Then, wait to run the HP Deskjet 2620 drivers on your computer (Mac/Windows).
- Now, highlight the Run button on the CD installation screen and follow the prompts.
- Initially, start the driver setup from the download page.
- Now, as per the instructions, type your printer model and click on the Download.
- After it is downloaded, open the file and extract it to your computer.
- Then use the installation wizard instructions to complete the driver download for 123.hp.com/setup 2620.
- Finally, add the Windows or MAC to DJ2620 and follow the instructions on the Connect screen.
Deskjet 2620 Wireless setup
Step 1: Installation preparation
- Before you start, check for the wireless network requirements and then proceed with the steps.
- Firstly, connect your computer to the available wireless network.
- Then, ensure that your computer and router are turned on.
Step 2: Restoring the wireless printer settings
- Initially, ensure that the printer’s power light is constant and the wireless light is flashing.
- If the wireless bulb is not flashing, click on the cancel button to refresh it.
- Once the light is glowing, finish the wireless software set up within the 120 minutes.
Step 3: Installing the necessary print drivers
- Initially, open the driver setup page from the computer and search for your DJ2620 model number.
- Now, click on Download and then go to the HP Easy Start.
- Next, choose the Accept on the policy screen and choose Continue.
- On the Connect screen, choose your DJ2620 printer and add it to the computer device list.
- Finally, print the network report to check the connection.